Residential Renovations Serves the Greater Walbridge Area Residents
Woodville is a village in Sandusky County, Ohio and is also a designated Tree City USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
Woodville was laid out and platted in 1836. It was named for General Amos E. Wood. Woodville was the midway point on the Western Reserve and Maumee Turnpike, which was also known as the “Old Mud Pike” because of the thick mud that often mired animals and vehicles alike. It was the first permanent route across the Black Swamp. The toll road connected Perrysburg with Lower Sandusky, which has since been renamed Fremont.
There are three public parks in Woodville: Trailmarker Park is the largest. It is located along the west bank of the Portage River. Veterans Memorial Park is also referred to locally as Waterworks Park because of its proximity to the water treatment plant on North Perry Street. The park features a memorial to soldiers, complete with a decommissioned cannon and is located on First Street between Walnut and Perry Streets. Busdiecker Park was originally named Teardrop Park because of its shape. It is located at the intersection of Main Street and Findlay Road and is also bounded by the Portage River. Busdiecker Park features 13 flagpoles, one for each of the astronauts killed in the United States space program at the time of the park’s renaming in the mid 1990s.
Astronaut Terence T. Henricks is Woodville’s most notable residents.