Residential Renovations Serves the Greater Holland Area Residents
The dedication of the Ohio Historical Marker honoring Alexander Drabik took place on Saturday, May 28th at the site of his birthplace in Holland, Ohio to honor the World War II hero. A twenty one gun salute and the playing of taps followed the unveiling by Congresswoman, Marcy Kaptur, other dignitaries, family and friends. Sergeant Alexander Drabik was the first American soldier to cross the bridge at Remagen, Germany received the Distinguished Service Cross for his heroism on April 5, 1945.
But that is not the only great feature of Holland, Ohio…it is also the home to the J.H. Fentress Antique Popcorn Museum.
The Village was founded in 1847 when Robert Clark and his wife Sylvia Wentworth moved their family west from Maine. Several businesses were the backbone of the industrial transition for the Village including the first merchandising business founded in 1862, a blacksmith shop, Vesey’s General Store, Lormer Hardware and Schemenour’s. Today the Village is home to over 125 manufacturing, retail and service oriented businesses.
Holland is bounded by Angola Road to the north, the Wexford subdivision to the south, Holloway road to the west and the I 4-75/US 23 expressway to the east. In Holland, Ohio small town does not mean small services. Holland offers all the municipal services of a larger community without all the additional assessments.
The Village is located close to all forms of transportation. The first train to ever pass through Holland was on May 22, 1852. A depot was located south of the tracks near Holloway Road. It is the hope of Holland to complete its current project with Springfield Township to develop an historical rail park. A caboose was the initial purchase for the historical park.
Being a small town adjacent to a larger community offers residents and businesses alike many amenities with out the hassle of a big city. The Holland community likes to think of their community as a perfect blend of business and community.